Wednesday, September 16, 2009

7am and Salty

Because no one I know is awake yet. And aptly so, no one should be awake this early unless they are employed or..doing the walk of shame. I'd venture to say that even the shamers haven't gotten over that initial morning grog that settles itself on the cusp of still drunk and hung over. So, awake.... that leaves me, the sirens in the morning air and the herds of caffeine addicted "real adults", making their way to a cubicle...and ive made the pilgrimage from my mattress to my mac? Craigslist here I come..but not before some nonsense...

Super Commie Mario




Excuse me?
Lets take a trip to my nerdy sociology side. I just came across an article entitled "Women's Internalized Oppression: Undermining Your Own Sexuality", and I am thinking, oh geez, here is an article that is going to state the obvious; using already assumed and redundantly stated observations and constructions on the female bodied assumed "woman", and in an attempt to critique society will probably end up reinforcing its values and norms.. but I wont judge it before I read it.Girls Girls Girls!me likey? not really.

1. Let's notice that the douche tool author is a man. Am I saying that men cannot write about women? Well that'd be silly since it is a dick dominated society and most of what is written about women is for the male agenda..ew patriarchy, thats not where i am going. I am saying duh men can write about women, anyone can as long as they (and in this case"Marty K"), state openly his privileged, and his biases that have come from his experience. Why? Cause if you you sound like you know exactly what you are talking about, as if it empirically factual.

2. Consider the audience, the website is called- EmpowerHer. com, the other topics include " love v. lust", "the cost of treating erectile dysfunction", trivial trivial plebeian bull caca, etc., is my point. This website is to feminist theory as a mcnugget is to a Gourmet Kobe Burger. What I am saying is that the people who probably read this site with some grain of sincerity, are not sociologist. And prob do not have the time to spot the flaws in the articles. Meaning EmpowerHer has the duty to watch their mouth because people are inhaling their shit with no filter. And that is detrimental.

3. Lets get to the business...
  • heterosexual assumption
  • mentions dynamic of gender roles/ sans critique
  • lets not even start on the irresponsible and grossly shallow glossing of sexuality in general
  • ridiculous generalizations w/o sufficient evidence
  • "Very few women are happy with their bodies" gfy (excuse yourself to masturbate)
  • Credit where is is due..in the end marty begins to critically and intelligently open one aspect of the female socialization into gender. you get a cookie.
4. I'm sayin. This article leaves a big, So what? in my mouth. Marty has failed ::
  • to tell me the implications of his issue
  • to tell me the effect of society- (from cultural, to subcultural, to interpersonal ,to intrapsychic) on his observations
  • to contribute something new and innovative to the issue of this issue that is actually called in femenine focused sociological literature "the male gaze".
  • Dear Marty, take soc 101 and shut the hell up- love, c.

5. Am I a pompous asshole? Absolutely Yes. Do I think Marty is an idiot? Absolutely Yes.


But what do I know?
Time for breakfast :)




"oooh my god" (tehehehe)

No comments: